It’s best to keep your roof in tip-top shape. It shelters and protects your home. Once your roof shows signs of damage, it seems easier to do a quick repair. But when is it better to replace your roof than have it repaired? Trusted roofing replacement contractor Barth Roofing Company, Inc. shares five signs that your roof needs to be replaced.
- Check your attic and walls for leak stains. When water damage is becoming a constant problem inside your home, it’s time to replace your roof. Big water leakage that seeps through inside your home is a sign that your roof has irreparable cracks and holes.
- Roofs have their lifespan. If your roof is past its prime, you might want to consider a roof replacement. An old roof is weak and more vulnerable to serious damage. Make sure to contact a local roofing company to assess your roof’s age and condition.
- If your roof shingles are cracked down or curling, that is another sign that you need a replacement. Your shingles are the armor of your roof. They reflect the heat and keep your home insulated. If they are already worn down and damaged, they may not be serving their purpose anymore. Too much heat inside can increase your utility bills. Roof replacement is energy-efficient and will save you money.
- Moss and fungi in your roof mean there is trapped moisture. Moisture is never a good sign for roofs. Trapped moisture makes your roof sag and weak. If your roof has been infested by moss for a long time, it may cause more damage. Get rid of trapped moisture by replacing your roof.
- If repair appointments are becoming a regular thing, it’s time for a new roof. Replacing your roof now will save you money from all the repairs. A new roof does not require a lot of maintenance and will keep you from worrying about damage.
You don’t have to Google “roofer near me“; get in touch with Barth Roofing Company, Inc. for professional roofing services. Give us a call at (209) 833-9917 or fill out our contact form to book an appointment.